quinta-feira, 14 de junho de 2012

Expressions with `all`

All the way (with go)
Definition: do something completely
He's going all the way for the scholarship.
We went all the way to California on our vacation.


Dash it all!
Definition: expression used when very upset
Dash it all! I didn't do very well.
Dash it all! She can't come this weekend.


Know all the angles
Definition: be very clever about something
Jack knows all the angles. Be careful!
The salesman knew all the angles, and by the end of our talk I had bought a new computer!


Of all the nerve!
Definition: expression of anger at someone's behavior
Of all the nerve! Did you see how that woman treated me?
Of all the nerve! She took me seat!

 
Once and for all
Definition: finally (usually putting an end to something)
I'm going to stop his behavior once and for all!
Let's get this over once and for all.

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário